TUTORIALS FOR COMPUTER-BASED TESTING
These tutorials can give you a sense of what you will see when you begin your test at a Pearson Professional Center.
Preview the on-screen tutorial you'll see before you begin your test. Includes information about how to navigate through a test, select your answers, and end the test.
Downloadable Interactive CBT Tutorial
This tutorial demonstrates how to navigate through the test, how to indicate answers, and how to use the features of a computer-based test. You will have opportunities to try out typing in an essay box, using the on-screen calculator, and entering special characters. NOTE: This tutorial must be downloaded to a PC-compatible computer.
Downloading the Interactive Tutorial
- Click the following link and select "Save" in the pop-up dialog box:
Download the CBT Tutorial
- Choose a location to save the file. This is the installation file that will enable you to download and save the tutorial.
The download process takes approximately 2 minutes, depending on the connection speed.
- When the download is complete, navigate to the location where you've chosen to save the file, and double-click on the zip file to open it.
- Inside the zip file, you will see "Evaluation Systems Tutorial.msi". Double-click to open, and select "Run" in the pop-up dialog box to run the installer.
- You will now see a "wizard" that will walk you through the process of installing the tutorial.
- When the wizard is complete, you will see the following icon on your desktop, which you can double-click to access the tutorial:
Pearson Professional Centers Tour
The Pearson Professional Centers Tour gives candidates taking CSET computer-based tests a virtual tour of a Pearson test center. It includes a video and floorplan to help acquaint the candidate with the Pearson Professional Centers testing experience. Click the link below to launch this tour.
On-Screen Calculator Preview
An on-screen calculator is available for candidates taking CSET: Multiple Subjects Subtest II on computer.
Some computer-based tests allow you to handwrite or draw written responses, and then scan them into the computer using a scanner provided at your workstation. Click the links below to review the scanning process.
- Scanning Instructions - These instructions will also be available during testing.
- Hand-draw tutorial video
For information on which tests use the hand-draw feature, see "Test Selection for Computer-Based Testing."
Copyright © 2013 Pearson Education, Inc. or its affiliate(s). All rights reserved.
Evaluation Systems, Pearson, P.O. Box 226, Amherst, MA 01004