TEST FEES AND PAYMENT POLICIES
|Additional Service Fees|
Paper-based testing: If after registering for the CSET you wish to withdraw from one or more subtests for which you have registered, you must submit a Withdrawal/Refund Request Form for Paper-Based Testing on the Internet or send your completed Withdrawal/Refund Request Form for Paper-Based Testing to Evaluation Systems by U.S. mail or fax. This form must be received by 5:00 p.m. Pacific time on the late registration deadline. Refer to "Changing Your Registration for Paper-Based Testing" for information about how to submit the Withdrawal/Refund Request Form for Paper-Based Testing.
If you withdraw by the late registration deadline, you will receive a full refund of all test fees paid. If you registered during the late registration period, the late registration fee will not be refunded. If you applied a voucher toward your fee, the amount of the voucher will not be refunded. Refunds will be issued within five weeks of your request.
You may not withdraw your registration or receive a refund if you register during the emergency registration period. If you are absent from the test, you will not receive a refund or credit of any kind. (See the absentee policy in "Reporting to the Test Center for Paper-Based Testing.")
Computer-based testing: If after registering for a CSET computer-based test you wish to withdraw your registration, you may do so by following the steps below:
- If you have registered for a CSET computer-based test but have not yet scheduled your test and would like to withdraw your registration and receive a full refund of all test fees paid, complete and submit a Withdrawal/Refund Request Form for Computer-Based Testing, available to download and print by selecting "Print Bulletin and Forms (PDF)" on the CSET website.
- If you have already scheduled your CSET computer-based test and wish to cancel your test appointment, you must first cancel your test appointment through your account at least 24 hours before your scheduled testing time. If you wish to withdraw your registration completely after canceling your test appointment, complete and submit a Withdrawal/Refund Request Form for Computer-Based Testing, available to download and print by selecting "Print Bulletin and Forms (PDF)" on the CSET website. If you are scheduled to take more than one subtest, the cancellation of the test appointment and withdrawal of the registration will apply to all subtests. You may not withdraw from or receive a refund for only one subtest for which you registered for a single test appointment. If you canceled your test appointment by 24 hours before your scheduled testing time, you will receive a full refund of testing fees paid.
If you applied a voucher toward your fee, the amount of the voucher will not be refunded. If you are due a refund of test registration fees, your refund will be issued by Evaluation Systems within five weeks of your request.
If you are absent from the test, you will not receive a refund or credit of any kind. (See the absentee policy in "Reporting to the Test Center for Computer-Based Testing.")
The fees for Internet registration, telephone registration, and changes made to registration on the Internet must be paid using a credit card (VISA or MasterCard only) or a debit or check card that carries the VISA or MasterCard logo and that can be used without the entry of a personal identification number (PIN). Bank cards without a VISA or MasterCard logo cannot be accepted. The merchant name that will appear on your credit card statement is "Eval Systems Test Fee."
Fees for other services requested by mail ("Additional Service Fees" listed in the table above) must be paid by cashier's check or money order. Checks and money orders must be made payable to Evaluation Systems in U.S. dollars. Please write the last five digits of your Social Security number on your check or money order. Do not send cash.
If you register to take the same test on multiple test dates and pass the test on the first test date, you will not automatically be issued a refund for your additional registrations on the basis of your passing performance. If you pass the test on a previous attempt, you must withdraw any subsequent registrations by the appropriate deadline (as described in "Changing Your Registration") in order to receive a refund.
If you have any outstanding balance owed by you to Evaluation Systems after a test administration for which you were registered, all of your test results for that test date may be permanently voided and therefore not reported to you, to the CTC, or to any institutions.
The following policies apply to you when you have an outstanding balance with Evaluation Systems:
- You will be assessed an additional fee to cover the processing required to clear your account.
- You will not be allowed to register for future test dates until your balance, which includes the additional fee, is paid in full.
- Any credits or refunds for which you may be eligible will be applied first to your outstanding debt, with any excess to be returned to you.
If a credit card charge for an Evaluation Systems service for you is disputed:
- You may not be allowed to make any future payments by credit card.
- You must make your payment to clear your account by cashier's check or money order only.
- If you attempt to pay for any further services by cashier's check or money order before clearing your account, any payments received will be applied first to your outstanding debt, with any excess applied to the requested services.
Testing on Consecutive Test Dates for Paper-Based Testing
If the score report date for a test taken at a previous test administration is seven or fewer calendar days before the regular registration deadline for the next test date, late registration fee waivers will be granted for examinees who register for the next consecutive test date. The late registration fee waiver is valid only during the late registration period for the next test date. Fee waivers are not granted during the emergency registration period.
To receive the late registration fee waiver, register on the Internet or by telephone by the late registration deadline. Your status as a consecutive test date retaker will be confirmed, and your late registration fee will be waived.
Late registration fee waivers are not available for two CSET subtests: CSET: Art Subtest II (test code 141) and CSET: Music Subtest II (test code 137).
If you plan to register for consecutive test dates and require alternative testing arrangements, please call (800) 205-3334 or (916) 928-4003 as soon as possible to discuss your request for alternative testing arrangements. This is necessary to allow the maximum amount of time to process your request. Because of time and logistical issues, it may not be possible to grant some requests for alternative testing arrangements made by individuals who register after the regular registration deadline.
2012–2013 CSET Registration Bulletin
Copyright © 2013 Pearson Education, Inc. or its affiliate(s). All rights reserved.
Evaluation Systems, Pearson, P.O. Box 226, Amherst, MA 01004