COMPLIANCE WITH TESTING RULES FOR COMPUTER-BASED TESTING
By registering for CSET computer-based testing (CBT), you are agreeing to abide by the Rules of Test Participation and all rules and requirements specified or referenced in the current registration bulletin and communicated to you, orally or in writing, at each test administration for which you have registered.
For computer-based testing, a nondisclosure agreement will be presented to you on the computer after you sign in at the test center. It will ask you to indicate your agreement to the conditions set forth in the current registration bulletin, including the Rules of Test Participation for Computer-Based Testing and the rules communicated to you orally or in writing at the test administration. You will have five minutes to read and accept the terms of this nondisclosure agreement. If you do not respond within five minutes, or if you indicate that you do not accept the terms of the agreement, your test session will terminate, you will not be permitted to test, and you will receive no refund or credit of any kind.
Rules of Test Participation for Computer-Based Testing
- Compliance: I understand that I am required to comply with the rules and requirements specified or referenced in the current bulletin, including these Rules of Test Participation, and communicated to me, orally and/or in writing, at the test administration. I further understand that if I fail to comply with such rules and requirements: (a) my test results may be voided, (b) no refund will be issued, (c) no portion of the testing fee can be applied toward the cost of any future testing fees, (d) I may not be permitted to register for current or future test administrations, (e) my registration may be canceled, (f) I may not be allowed to test, (g) I may be required to test under controlled conditions, and (h) legal proceedings and actions may be pursued as well as any other remedies that the Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) and/or the Evaluation Systems group of Pearson, a business of NCS Pearson, Inc. (Evaluation Systems), may deem appropriate. In addition, I understand that test fraud is a ground for denial, revocation, and/or suspension of a teaching or services credential.
- Registration: I have read and agree to the "Test Fees and Payment Policies" section of the current bulletin. I understand that if any or all fees that are applicable to me are not paid in full for all test dates and/or tests for which I have registered for the CSET, or if I do not indicate my agreement to abide by all applicable rules, I may not be permitted to register for current or future test sessions and/or my score report may not be produced and/or my test results may be voided.
- Withdrawal or Absence from Test Administration: I understand that I may withdraw my registration and receive a full refund only if I cancel my test appointment through my account no later than 24 hours prior to my scheduled testing time and submit a withdrawal request to Evaluation Systems. If I cancel my test appointment within 24 hours of my scheduled testing time or if I am absent from the administration, I understand that I will receive no refund or credit of any kind.
- Purpose of Testing: I understand that the tests are administered for the purpose of certification only and are to be taken only by individuals seeking a certification. I certify that I am taking the test(s) for which I have registered for the purpose of certification.
- Identification: I understand that to be admitted to a test session I must present current, government-issued identification, printed in English, in the name in which I registered, bearing my photograph and signature. I understand that I will be required to provide a digital signature at the test center and that copies of my identification may be made, a palm scan and/or digital photograph may be taken, and a video recording or other security measure will be employed at the administration, which may be used for identity verification. Additional screenings may be required at test center facilities. If I do not have proper identification at the time of my test appointment, I will be denied admission to the test session. If I am refused admission to the test, for any reason, I will be considered absent and will receive no credit or refund of any kind.
- Late Arrival: I understand that if I arrive after my scheduled testing time, I may be refused admission, in which case I will be considered absent and I will receive no refund or credit of any kind.
- Test Administration: I authorize the test administrators to serve as my agents in maintaining a secure test administration. I agree to follow all reasonable instructions given to me either orally or in writing at or during the test administration, including but not limited to instructions to relocate me during the test session. I agree not to communicate with other examinees or any unauthorized persons in any way during the test administration nor to engage in any other form of misconduct. I agree not to engage in behavior that would disrupt or unfairly affect the performance of myself or other examinees. I agree to provide a digital signature and/or palm scan, to provide proper identification as specified above, and to cooperate with testing personnel. If I fail to comply with these provisions, I may be dismissed from the test center, my results may be voided without refund or credit of any kind, and other actions, as described in Rule 1, may be taken as deemed appropriate by the CTC and Evaluation Systems.
- Test Property: I understand that all test materials and any portion thereof or information relating thereto (referred to below as the "Test Materials") are the sole property of the CTC or Evaluation Systems. I understand that my responses, without the identification of my name or Social Security number, may be used for research, development and implementation of testing programs, scorer training or study materials, or other purposes associated with the program. I understand and acknowledge that the Test Materials were developed at great cost and are required to be kept confidential and secure from disclosure in order to fairly and effectively perform the test functions for which they were designed. I have not received or reviewed any Test Materials prior to taking the test and no Test Materials will be available for me to review after the test. I am not permitted to take (and I will not take) any Test Materials or handwritten or printed notes (referred to below as "Notes") reflecting or recording anything about Test Materials from the testing room or copy or reproduce the Test Materials in whole or in part, by hand or with the use of any electronic, or other type of, device of any nature.
- Test Materials: I understand that I will not be permitted to bring to or to use during the test: Notes, cellular phones, electronic communication devices, visual or audio recording or listening devices or any device with an on/off option, calculators, calculator watches, calculator manuals, scratch paper, or any other unauthorized aid (collectively referred to below as "Unauthorized Aids"). Throughout the test session, I will have nothing on my desk but the erasable notebooklet and marker provided by the test administrator. However, only answers and the writing samples that I record on the computer will be scored. I understand that I must bring my own graphing calculator for CSET: Mathematics Subtest II (111) and that I will be allowed to bring and use only one of the brands/models of calculators approved for use for this CSET test field as set forth in "Test Selection" in the current registration bulletin. I further understand that test administration staff will clear the memory of my calculator both before and after the test.
- Nondisclosure of Test Materials: Because of the great cost expended to develop the Test Materials, because of the obvious necessity that they be kept confidential and secure from disclosure in order to fairly and effectively perform the test functions for which they were designed, and because any disclosure of part or all of the contents of the Test Materials to anyone might render them unusable for future test administrations, I promise and agree that I will not disclose the Test Materials or any part of them (including the form, subject matter, substance, and wording of any test question or any answer thereto) to anyone for a period of ten (10) years from the date of the test administration to which such Test Materials pertain. I understand and agree that if I should violate this agreement of nondisclosure, I may be liable in damages for costs (including redevelopment costs) incurred as a result of any breach of this agreement, and I may also be subject to other legal and equitable remedies (including injunctive relief) for any such breach.
- Test Session: I understand that the standard test session length is as defined in "Test Selection." After admission to the test center, I may not leave the test center for any reason until I have been officially dismissed and all of my Test Materials have been collected or secured by a test administrator. Once I have finished testing, or at the end of the test session, my test materials will be collected or secured and I will be dismissed. Once dismissed, I must leave the test center and I will not be readmitted.
- Test Results Reporting and Cancellation: I understand that my test results will be reported to me; to the CTC; and to any other entity or person authorized or required by law to receive this information. My score report will be sent even if I leave the testing room before I finish the test. I understand that any information provided as a part of registration may be used to report results or to contact me regarding test- or program-related issues. Once I am admitted to the test center, I may not cancel my results.
- Voided Results: I understand that if I fail to comply with the rules and requirements set forth in the current bulletin, including these Rules of Test Participation, and communicated to me, orally and/or in writing, at the test administration, or if doubts are raised about the validity or legitimacy of my registration or my results, Evaluation Systems will notify the CTC and other parties as deemed appropriate. The CTC and Evaluation Systems reserve the right to void my test results if, in their sole opinion, there is adequate reason to question their validity or legitimacy due to circumstances within or beyond my control. Other actions, as described in Rule 1, may be taken as deemed appropriate by the CTC and/or Evaluation Systems.
- Rights and Obligations Regarding Test Administration: I understand and agree that liability for test administration activities, including but not limited to the adequacy or accuracy of test materials and equipment, the adequacy or accuracy of the registration and administration processes or conditions, the adequacy of test center facilities, the adequacy or accuracy of scoring, the adequacy or accuracy of score reports, the adequacy or accuracy of information provided to me in connection with the CSET program, and the adequacy of protection of examinee information, will be limited to results correction or test retake at no additional fee. I waive any and all rights to all other claims, specifically including but not limited to claims for negligence arising out of any acts or omissions of the CTC and Evaluation Systems (including the employees, agents, contractors, or professional advisors of the CTC and Evaluation Systems).
- Program Changes: I understand that the testing program is subject to change at the sole discretion of the CTC.
- Objection to Procedures: If, for any reason, I object to the procedures presented in these Rules of Test Participation, I must advise Evaluation Systems, in writing, of the basis of my objection at least eight (8) weeks before the test date for which I wish to register for my objection to be taken under consideration. Under no circumstances may I register if I have such an objection. If I nevertheless object, my registration may be canceled, I may not be permitted to take the test(s), or my results may be voided, unless I withdraw my objection in writing.
- Rules: I understand that should any of these rules or any other requirement or provision contained in the current bulletin be declared or determined by any court to be illegal or invalid, the remaining rules, requirements, and provisions will not be affected and the illegal or invalid rule, requirement, or provision shall not be deemed a part of the current bulletin. The headings of each of the Rules of Test Participation are for convenient reference only. They are not a part of the rules themselves; they do not necessarily reflect the entire subject matter of each rule; and they are not intended to be used for the purpose of modifying, interpreting, or construing any of these Rules of Test Participation. I agree that any legal action arising in connection with my registration for or participation in a test administration shall be brought only in the state and federal courts located in Sacramento, California, or St. Paul, Minnesota, as appropriate, and I consent to the personal jurisdiction of such courts.
2012–2013 CSET Registration Bulletin
Copyright © 2013 Pearson Education, Inc. or its affiliate(s). All rights reserved.
Evaluation Systems, Pearson, P.O. Box 226, Amherst, MA 01004